Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Doggie Treat Bag by Donna


Happy Wednesday!! Today I'm making a Treat Bag (this is a doggie treat bag, but you can put any kind of treats you like in yours) using the Gel-a-tins Cosmo Pups stamp set. Why do I need doggie treat bags you may ask? I have a Pembroke Welsh Corgi named Dusty who will be turning 12 years old this month. She was born on February 29, 2000 so she's a Leap Day baby and she's looking forward to finally having her 3rd birthday!! Since she only has a real birthday every 4 years, we always have a party and invite all her doggie friends. This year, all the doggies that come will leave with their own treat bag - the one I'm am showing you today. It's super fun and easy to make and turns out really cute. Here's how to do it.

I used a 4x6 cello bag and cut a 4.5 x 4 panel and scored it at 2 inches for the top panel of the bag.


Then I made a white panel that was 4 x 3.5 inches.


I stamped on the white panel using the 2 dog bones and the small paw print from the Cosmo Pups stamp set.


To finish off the topper, I stamped the sentiment "Happy Tails To You" on a small white panel and framed it with a slightly larger coral panel. Then I framed the larger white panel with a slightly larger coral panel and adhered these to the topper of the treat bag.

 I used a strip of double-sided tape to adhere the bag to the topper and one on the other side.

And, before I go, I have to post a picture of Dusty. Here's one of my favorites from her 1st birthday party.

Materials
1. Card stock - Whisper White, Island Indigo, Calypso Coral - Stampin Up
2. Stamps - Cosmo Pups - Gel-a-tins
3. Ink - Island Indigo, Calypso Coral - Stampin' Up
4. Cello Bag - Stampin' Up

Thanks for checking out this post and stop by my blog and say hi if you get a chance http://thecraftycorgi.blogspot.com

Donna

No comments: