Saturday, June 9, 2012

Chevron star card by Taheerah

Hey everyone! Thanks for stopping by the Gel-à-Tins blog again - I hope you're enjoying all the amazing projects the girls are posting!

I'm back today with a masculine card using Chevron-Tastic. Chevrons are so versatile that they work for both male and female recipients - I love that!

I made a fun discovery whilst playing around with my set - the large solid chevron fits perfectly between the double chevron stamp! That just opened up a whole world of extra possibilities for me!!

So out of that discovery came this card:

Image

Fun, no? Let me tell you how I did it.

Image

I started with a Kraft card base and stamped a chevron pattern in green, brown and kraft, alternating the colours and mixing and matching with the solid chevron. I just love how jazzy it came out!

Image

I then stamped the sentiment in black and added some die-cut stars, stamping some in brown with a concentric star design. The stars were adhered with dimensional glue gel so they really pop off the card at different heights!

Image


Supplies Used:

Gel-à-Tins:
Chevron-Tastic stamp set

Other:
Super Stars stamp set (Papertrey Ink)
Kraft, Dark Chocolate and Simply Chartreuse inks (Papertrey Ink), Versafine Onyx Black ink (Tsukineko)
Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink)
Seeing Stars dies (Papertrey Ink)
Pinflair Glue Gel (Olba)

I'd love to know what you think of this little card. Thanks so much for stopping by!!

1 comment:

Jessica Pascarella said...

I love it! The colors are awesome!