Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Sweet Cakes...Lamp?

Hi everyone! How are you all today?

I'm back today with an unusual use of the Sweet Cakes stamp set!!

When I play with my sets I always try to think outside the box a little and use the stamps for something other than their original intention. Thus when using this set I ended up with a little brainwave and today's card was born:

Image

What do you think? Not your average cupcake huh?!

I started by stamping the cupcake liner onto patterned paper and cutting it out.

Image

I then used a different stamp set to stamp the lamp base right onto the card base and partially onto the lamp 'shade'.

Image

I added a co-ordinating sentiment and some shading with Copics to provide some light and that's all there was to it!


Supplies Used:

Gel-à-Tins:
Sweet Cakes stamp set

Other:
Lighten Up Stamp Set (Papertrey Ink)
Smokey Shadow ink (Papertrey Ink), Versafine Onyx Black ink(Tsukineko)
Stamper's Select White cardstock (Papertrey Ink)
Amy Tangerine Sketchbook patterned paper (American Crafts)
Copic Markers
Scor-Tape

I'd love to know what you think of this little card. Thanks for stopping by - have a great day!!

No comments: