Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sweet Cakes Gift Bag

Hi everyone! Are you ready for some more Gel-à-Tins fun?!

I'm here playing with the Sweet Cakes set again! This set is so much fun!!

Today I'm showcasing all the little images from the set. These little images deserve some love too! So I decided to use them to embellish a gift bag I created:

Image

What do you think? Isn't it the cutest?!

I started by die-cutting the bag from cream cardstock and stamping the small images onto the bag bodies.

Image

Here's a little tip when creating a repetitive pattern with small stamps: place all your stamps on one block to make the whole process easier! This also means all your images will always be in the same configuration which is perfect for pattern making!

Image

I then coloured the images with Copic Markers, choosing to use a colour scheme of red, green, pink and cream. This gives it a nice Cath Kidson look I think!

Image

Finally I assembled the little bag, adding some red cardstock handles to tie in with my colour scheme.

Image

All I needed to do then was decide what fun little gift to place in it! This little bag would be perfect for tucking in some handmade chocolates or sweet treats!


Supplies Used:

Gel-à-Tins:
Sweet Cakes stamp set

Other:
Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko)
Vintage Cream cardstock, Pure Poppy cardstock (Papertrey Ink)
Copic Markers
Favor It Box 4 die (Papertrey Ink)
Scor-Tape

I'd love to know what you think of this project. Thanks for stopping by - go eat some cupcakes!!

No comments: