Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Party Invitation by Donna

My stamp set for this month is called 3-D Alpha. It's filled with fun uppercase letters. Since it's the season for holiday parties I thought I would start out the month with a party invitation. This card is 4 x 7 inches so it will fit into a 5 x 7 envelope. First I created the card from Real Red card stock. Then, I cut a slightly small white panel and stamped different snowflakes in red and green from a Gel-a-tins set called Retro Snowflakes. I really love the size and the graphic nature of the Retro Snowflakes set and I thought it would make a good back ground for my invitation.


Then I stamped all the letters in You're Invited alternating red and green and cut them out. The best part about doing letters this way is you can use your smallest white paper scraps to stamp them on. I love finding ways to use my small scraps!! These letters were pretty easy to cut out and it didn't take very long at all. I cut a white panel just big enough to fit the letters and adhered the letters to the panel. Then, I cut a green panel that was slightly bigger than the white panel and adhered the two panels together and then adhered the green panel to the card. It was not a hard card to make, but I think the end result is really nice. I'm sure your guests would love to get an invitation like this in the mail!


Materials
1. Card stock - Real Red, Garden Green, Whisper White - Stampin' Up
2 .Stamp Sets - 3-D Alpha; Retro Snowflakes - Gel-a-tins
3. Ink - Real Red, Garden Green - Stampin' Up
4. Paper Snips - Martha Stewart

1 comment:

Jeannie from PolkaCabana.wordpress.com said...

That is WONDERFUL! Love the alpha and love the colors!