Friday, December 9, 2011

Making your own wrapping paper and a Christmas tag!

Hi everyone! Jodi Wilton here today, to show you another unique way to use your stamps (especially at Christmas time!) Have you ever been stuck last minute with no wrapping paper in your house? This happens to me ALL the time! I always have tissue paper on hand for crafts, and by using stamps, you can create some unique wrapping paper! Here is what I made using the Twas the Night Before Christmas Stamp Set:


Instructions:
1. I took regular tissue paper, and picked one stamp (you can use a variety themed ones if you wish!). I stamped in black ink, randomly over one complete sheet of tissue paper. I then bunched it up, tied it together with some curling ribbon and volia! A quick and easy project!
2. You can also make a matching tag, by using the same stamp you used on a the tissue paper. I stamped the bells on the tag, and colored in with my copics. I then stamped my sentiment, and added a border with my copics.

Close up of the tag:


Have fun with this technique! You can also try stamping in different colors of ink on white tissue paper, or stamping on Kraft parcel paper!

Materials Used:
Gel-a-tins Stamp: Twas the Night Before Christmas
Tissue paper
Black Ink
Papertrey Ink Die
Copic Markers
Curling Ribbon

1 comment:

Jeannie from PolkaCabana.wordpress.com said...

Jodi, very cute ideas! You did a great job:)