Thursday, December 15, 2011

3-D wreath card by Jeannie!

Today I am using the set called Christmas Wreath.

To start out what I did was to very faintly stamp the wreath onto white paper.

I only wanted the shape and did not care about the image showing up too much.

Image

Next, I pretty much made a mess with paint, again I only wanted the shape and was not too concerned with how it looked at this point.

Image

I added some sparkle to the paint in case any or the painted wreath showed through in my final product.

I also die cut a couple of different sized leaves in different papers and die cut little pears also.

Image

Then I took the 2 smaller stamps from the stamp set and stamped each leaf.

After I stamped them I ran them through a paper crimper a couple of times to distress them.

After that was done, I adhered them to the wreath background, creating a 3-d wreath.

Image

I added some fibers and embellishments and embossed the saying in black on the card front.

Image

Ahhh, I could just stare at this for hours I think the colors are so gorgeous and relaxing!

Image

All of the decorative papers are from Authentique Paper's Free Bird - COMFORT series.

The decorative corners are from Authentique Paper's - Wonder Headlines.

Image

 I hope you have enjoyed seeing how I came up with this design.

I am just loving playing with these stamps and know you will love them too!

This has been Jeannie from The Polka Cabana with today's post. 

1 comment:

Donna B. said...

Beautiful card Jeannie!