Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Sassy Elephant card by Jeannie

If you are anything like me, I gather inspirations from many places. Sometimes I feel it is almost a curse because I see layouts, cards designs all around me.

It is hard to explain, but today's post is a perfect example.

I knew I wanted to work with this Sassafras bundle I had, so I took a look at the cover and instantly the finished card's image formed in my mind.

Here is what I started out with. The bundle of Nerdy Bird papers from which I used 3 different patterned papers.

Image

Now, I could have just used the wonderful "pieced" looking paper for my background, but by only using a portion, I can get more projects out of the adorable main sheet and the portion I use will stand out more!
Image

Here is what I did, I cut out a section and built my own background with strips of the other papers. I made sure to include that small purple strip too, because it was too cute to throw away,

Image

The Gel a Tins set I chose to use is called: Elephant Garden
Image

I embossed my elephants in 3 different colors.

Image

Then I took 2 of the flower stamps and used them at the same time and embossed them in yellow on the polka dot paper.
Image

Then I took one of the Paisleys and embossed it in a darker blue on the swirly blue background paper.

Image

They I took a zig zagged all around the card. I had the card on wax paper and after I sewed everything I tore the wax paper off. The result is that it left traces of ripped paper all around that I tinted pink. I love the way it looks, it is hard to see here though.

Image

Here is the finished card! I added the googly eyes because it just goes along with the whimsy of the paper product, don't you agree?

Image

Ahh, such a happy card!
Image

I hope you have enjoyed my post today! This has been Jeannie with The Polka Cabana with today's post!
Have a great day and see ya next week with more GEL A TINS fun!

No comments: