Monday, January 30, 2012

Fun Valentine's Day decor

I think I lot of us tend to just use our stamps for card making, but it's important to remember that a lot of the value in stamps is because of how versatile they are.  I love using my stamps to make embellishemnts and for altered projects.  I really love how these hanging hearts turned out.





I used a couple of the stamps from the A Hundred Hearts set to make these.  The stamps were used on pages from an old dictionary.  I stamped them so that you could read the romantic words I found :)  I misted them and cut them out, then mounted them inside some spray painted and distressed heart shaped tart pans.  The chipboard and paper hearts on the back side were cut using my Xyron/Spellbinder's dies, and I accented everything with some fancy trims and some vintage silver glass glitter.  I think I'll end up putting these in my front entry.

Have a great Monday and don't forget to ask your favorite local craft store about carrying gel-a-tins!


No comments: