Thursday, November 24, 2011

gel-a-tins double duty card!

What is a double duty card? It is a card, yes, but this card is also an ornament.

I got this great idea from a friend who made this wonderful canvas backed card and thought, I have plenty of canvas, what can I come up with?

I started with this canvas star, and I stamped the wreath from my set with embossing ink then embossed it in black.

Image

The extra embossing powder stuck in the canvas and burned a little, but that is not big deal for this type of project.
Image

Here you can see I distressed it a little more and colored the image in slightly.
Image

This is the finished product all embellished.
Image

My idea was to have the ornament on the front of the card, but the ornament would have to be removable.

Here is the front of my card, embossed with white.
Image

I used some glue that dries to a tacky gum type substance. It will hold on forever but when you want to remove the item, you just peel it off.

Image

See how the star sticks to the front?
Image

I love the way this turned out and think I am going to make these for all my kids that need "teacher" presents.

Image

Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you are having a wonderful Thanksgiving today.

This has been Jeannie from The Polka Cabanahttp://polkacabana.wordpress.com/ with today's post.

No comments: