Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Meet Design Team member Karin!




Hi!
My name is Karin Åkesdotter and I'm from Gothenburg, Sweden where I live with my dear husband Mikael and our sweet son Ted (2½). I have been doing arts and crafts, sewing, drawing, painting, papercrafting etc. etc. for as long as I can remember - driving my mum crazy with new projects every day! So it was no surprise that I chose that path for my career and studied arts and crafts with a focus on textiles for 5 years at the University of Gothenburg and have now been teaching textile crafts/needle work (it's a compulsory subject here) to 7-9th graders for 15 years ( 0-: - time flies).

I bought my first clear stamp set (Wroom from Gel-a-tins!!!) a few years ago and it was love at first "try" but it was not until August last year that I began blogging about my papercrafting. It all started when I saw a cute little altered birdhouse at our local scrapbooking store and went home to see if I could find a template on the internet. I hit different sites about bloghops, challenges, color cues etc. and a new world opened up to me and I have been completely addicted ever since. I am very excited to be a part of the Gel-aTins design team and thrilled to be working with such a talented group of designers.



1 comment:

Angela Fehr said...

Love your work, Karin! I think my favourite is your hot air balloon card from a Moxie Fab challenge earlier this year.