Friday, June 24, 2011

Meet Design Team member Angela!


Image



I'm 34 years old and my most important attributes are being an artist, a wife, and a mother of three children. I started stamping half a lifetime ago (literally!) when I got into stamping at the age of 17, after receiving a letter from a friend who had stamped and heat embossed an image on her letter. I didn't even know what it was called, but I was determined to find out and learn how to do it!
I'm also a watercolour painter and so I do something creative every single day. Art is a huge part of my life. I was thrilled to be one of the winners of Paper Crafts magazine's Stamping Royalty 2011 competition recently - it was a big encouragement to me to continue following my creative instincts. I'd say my style is funky vintage - I love colour and layers and stamping appears in almost all of my paper projects. This year I combined three blogs into one web site, and you can see my paintings, papercraft projects and personal musings on that site, http://www.AngelaFehr.com.
I am blessed to live in the north - northern British Columbia - and despite enduring 6+ months of winter, I love our rural lifestyle and beautiful rugged country. I home school my children, ages 5, 7 and 8, and work very part time at home doing graphic design, freelance writing, and art, of course! I also have a bit of a unique background since my parents are missionaries and I spent my teenage years living in the tropical jungles of Papua New Guinea, in a remote tribal village.
Being on the gel-a-tins design team has been so fun so far! I love the variety of stamp sets and the fun scented embossing powders and I can't wait to see the new lines BonBon will be unveiling this year!

Image

Image

Zoom out

3 comments:

Cassie said...

Yay, Angela! I love your work :D

Renee said...

Gorgeous work, I love seeing 2 page layouts since they are very rare nowadays!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

FABULOUS projects Angela!