Friday, June 28, 2013

I {Heart} U

Hello and happy Friday! It is Jessica again with another card for you this week.  I was pulling stamp sets out of my stash left and right to make this little guy and I think that the finished look is just what I was going for.  Simple, but fun and with a little sparkle :)



I know that Valentine's Day is a long time gone, but it's not like you can't tell the people you love how you feel about them any day of the year!  I was really just in the mood to make something pink and with some bling to it and all this stuff came together to make just that. 
I started with my card blank.  It did have the scalloped edge already, but that isn't hard to do yourself with a punch or even some old deco-edge scissors.  I stamped the pink circle in the very center of the card (from the Sweet Hearts set) and then added the letters in black Staz-On.  The perfect thing about clear stamps?  I laid everything out first on the card to make sure that it would all fit on the front and I had it exactly where  I wanted it to go.

I stamped that black heart (from the Hearts a Flutter set) on a separate piece of cardstock and cut it out, then I attached it to the card with some foam adhesive made in my Xyron machine.  I inked the front of the card in pink, the back of the card in black, and then I ran a strip of gelly gems through my Xyron 150 and attached it to the edge of the inside of the card next to the scallop.

I felt like making something a little different and this card was just the thing that I needed.  I hope you've been inspired to mix up some of your sets and get creative with stamps! 

Have a great weekend and be sure to come back tomorrow for another project from our DT!

No comments: