Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Hot Dog! It's a Birthday!

Hello again!  It's Jessica again with another fun card to share with you.  I have loved these sets since I first saw them and I had to use them together on this card.  I love the bright colors and I think it will be the perfect thing to give to a friend for a birthday along with a gift card to the movies.  Check it out...



I stamped the background with the Hot Diggity Dog set using yellow ink on yellow striped paper. I didn't want the patterned paper to just be a strip behind the sentiment, so I decided to punch out some pieces and line them up on the card.  The paper adds a little more color into the card as well.  The ribbon was added after running it through my Xyron 150 and then pleating it as I attached it to the card.  This is a really easy technique and adds a little dimension to the card as well.  The buttons and the background paper were also attached with Xyron machines and my chipboard and stamped sentiment are attached with some foam adhesive that I made with my (you guessed it) Xyron machine.  :)  This was a pretty quick card, and I can't wait to get back in my scrap room and play with these sets some more.  Be Sure to check out the gel-a-tins Facebook page as well as the Xyron Facebook page this week.  You won't want to miss a thing!

1 comment:

Mare said...

Cute card! Thanks for sharing.