Monday, May 27, 2013

Joy and Flowers!

Hello and Happy Monday everyone!  I hope that our fans in the U.S are having a good holiday with their families and that those of you that live outside the U.S. are doing well.  At my house we're getting ready to spend some time with friends and family and I am looking forward to it. 

I spent some time this weekend putting a card together to share with you and I hope you like it.  It's a fairly simple card, but I think you get a lot of bang for your buck!


I'm sure that you've noticed that this size is my favorite for cards. :)  I just really like the look and it gives you a great canvas for showing off a pretty patterned paper.  This is all from a Basic Grey pack that I picked up at the Mesa CKC I went to in April.  It took so little paper to get so much impact on this card.

I layered the two patterns you see and then used three more little pieces for the stamped items.  The two different leaves are from one stamp set and the circle and sentiment are from the Chocolate Bliss set.  I just loved that simple look for the sentiment with all the busy papers and the fancy flower. 

Speaking of that fancy flower, if you're like me you buy those things and you're almost afraid to use them on a project, right?  They're just so pretty and they can be an investment depending on what your LSS charges.  A card like this puts the focus on your stamped images and that sparkly flower and really shows it off. 


I do want to talk about the sentiment too.  A simple sentiment like that can be used so many ways.   This could easily be a birthday card or a congratulations card for a new house or baby or new job or graduation.  Think outside the box when you're using your stamps!  You can get so much use out of a set!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Be sure to check out all the other projects here on the blog.  The girls have been hard at work making beautiful projects to share with you and we have some exciting things to share with you this summer.  You won't want to miss any of it!

No comments: