Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A Patriotic Card for You!

Hello everyone!  Jessica B. here with a fun card made with some gel-a-tins stamp sets and some really fun Robin's Nest paper.  I thought this could be fun for an invitation to a cookout on the fourth or even for my husband's aunt who has a birthday on the fourth.  Don't tell!  It could be a surprise for her :)


 
 
I had to start with that fabulously sparkly paper.  I used the Xyron 510 to attach it to the front of the card and then I got to stamping.  Those "fireworks" are really two stamps from a gel-a-tins flower set, and I did those on the white paper first in blue, red and yellow inks.  The sentiment is from the Make a Wish set.  I layered that with a die-cut star (from another of the fun Robin's Nest papers) and ahand cut banner (more glittery paper!) and used foam adhesive to stick it all together.  I added a little embellishment made from stamps in the Save the Date set.
 
I hope that you've stopped by The Robin's Nest and checked out the work they share on their Facebook page!  Be sure to stop by our page as well.  We have some great things coming up this summer and you won't want to miss a thing!
 

1 comment:

Katie said...

What a great patriotic card!