Saturday, August 4, 2012

I {Heart} You

Hey everyone! Welcome to another Gel-à-Tins post!

I'm back today with a quick and simple loved up card - but one that really makes an impact!!

I love alphabet stamps. They are perfect for creating unique sentiments or adding that little extra personal touch. I just adore the Laugh Out loud set from Gel-à-Tins - the font is so fun!! I really wanted to make it the star of the show for this card - and this is the result:

Image

I love how how this turned out!! I've seen similar ideas executed before in blogland but I really wanted to try my hand at it too!

Image

This card couldn't be simpler really. I placed all my letters on one acrylic block, the removed the 'i', 'o' and 'u'. I then stamped the whole block down on a white card base.

Image

I then stamped the 'i' and the 'u' in red ink. I wanted to replace the 'o' with a heart, so I stamped that on a separate piece of cardstock, carefully trimmed out and then adhered with dimensional glue gel - and that's all there is to it!!


Supplies Used:

Gel-à-Tins:
Laugh Out loud Lowercase stamp set

Other:
Simple Valentine stamp set (Papertrey Ink)
Smokey Shadow ink, Pure Poppy ink (Papertrey Ink), Versafine Onyx Black ink, Versamark ink (Tsukineko)
Stamper's Select White cardstock (Papertrey Ink)
Pinflair Glue Gel (Olba)

I'd love to know what you think of this card. Thanks for stopping by!!

4 comments:

Kim F. said...

I love this!

Dawn Woolf said...

This card is adorable! I've never thought about using alphabets other than making words. Very cute!!

Lillian Child said...

FABULOUS!!!!

Jessica Pascarella said...

I HEART this card!