Friday, March 29, 2013

Love Knots Funky Fridge Magnet Frame


Hi everyone! How are you doing?

Today I'm returning to one of my all-time Gel-à-Tins favourite sets - Love Knots!

I created a photo frame with this set last year, but today wanted to give it another modern twist and create a magnetic frame with some on-trend colours:



Fun right?! And really simple to create!


I started by die cutting the Polaroid frame and stamping Love Knots on it with watermark ink. I then heat embossed it with gold embossing powder. Such a stunning effect!!


Gold, coral and black is such an on-trend colour combo right now, and I wanted to recreate that so I took a fine paintbrush and selectively coloured some areas of the frame with coral and black inks. So simple and gives such a funky finish!


I finished up by backing my frame with a few layers of coaster board, taking care to trim a gap in the middle layer to accept a photo. I added some adhesive magnetic sheet to the back and voilà - a funky fridge magnet frame, customisable with your own photo!



Supplies Used:

Gel-à-Tins:
Love Knots

Other:
Burano ink (A:Muse), Versafine Onyx Black ink, Versamark ink (Tsukineko)
Vintage Cream cardstock, coaster board (Papertrey Ink)
Metallic Gold Rich Pale Embossing Powder (WOW!)

Fabulous Frames die (Papertrey Ink)
Adhesive Magnetic Sheet


I'll be back again soon to share another project, have a great day everyone and thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Indy's Designs said...

Love this magnet and that darling kitty! Thanks for sharing!
{hugs}
Indy