Happy Wednesday! Today I made a card using the Wild Things & Merci Stamp Sets. I used a watercolor technique for the flowers that Tim Holtz talked about in his current online class that I am taking. He mentioned you could stamp with Distress Stains to get a watercolor effect so I thought I would try it. I used several different pink and purple stains and a green one for the stems. To do this technique you have to be able live with the areas that are smudged and not clear. That's what watercolor is like. Here's a close-up of the flowers. You can see how the colors blend together.
I thought the image was pretty enough that the card didn't need a lot of extras. I liked the Merci with the watercolor effect too. Thanks for stopping by and if you would like to see more of my Gel-a-tins projects, please stop by my blog at http://thecraftycorgi.blogspot.com
1. Stamps - Wild Things, Merci - Gel-a-tins
2. Distress Stains - Peeled Paint, Dusty Concord, Milled Lavender, Victorian Velvet, Spun Sugar - Tim Holtz
3. Ink - Tuxedo Black - Memento
4. Watercolor paper - Stampin' Up
5. Card stock - kraft, green - American Crafts