Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Decked Out Gingerbread House

I had so much fun creating this gingerbread house scene with the “Gingerbread House” and "Groovy Santa" collections!

Image

It was probably 6AM when I got inspired to stamp and fussy-cut and emboss this card. Luckily everyone sleeps away from my craft room because using my heat gun to emboss the Gelly Powder that early in the morning is no quiet task!

Image

I heat embossed “Santa’s Candy Cane” Gelly Powder on the top of my snow hills to give them dimension. I stamped and heat embossed the snowflakes. I also stamped the gingerbread house twice so I could fussy cut and layer the snowy roof and chimney. Both were heat embossed with the Gelly Powder.

For windows and doors I stamped the candy accents, fussy-cut the stamped images and then adhered them to the house. I embellished the stamped candy canes and gumdrops with Crystal Effects and glitter.

Image

You can see all the layers I created in this wintery gingerbread house card in the above picture.

Gel-å-Tins (http://gelatinstamps.com) Supplies:
Gingerbread House Collection (house & candy stamps)
Groovy Santa Collection (snowflakes & sentiment stamps)
Santa’s Candy Cane Scented Gelly Powder

Other Supplies:
PaperTrey Ink Cardstock
Momento Ink
Queen & Co Pearls
Helmar Craft Glue & Zapdots

Don't you want to make your own gingerbread house now?

~Katie
http://www.scissorsspatulassneakers.com

No comments: