Monday, September 12, 2011

Monday Funday!

Good morning to all you gelly fans out there!  I hope everyone got to enjoy their weekend.  Mine was great!  Lots of work and fun on Saturday and lots of relaxing on Sunday.  Please be sure to check out our Monthly Challenge for this month and our DT call that's going on right now.  You have until the 18th to get your DT entry in and you have until the 30th for the challenge.  Don't miss out!

Today I have another one of my cards to share with you!  I have been a card-making fool lately and I think I'm starting to enjoy it!  If you know me, you know that I struggle with cards.  Trying to make them pretty while also keeping them flat enough that you can still mail them can be hard, but I'm getting better at it :)  For this one I used the You're So Tweet set.  I spent a fair amount of time fussy cutting the birds, but that's only because I don't plan.  I just make a bunch of stuff and decide what I want to do with it.  So, after layering with different thicknesses of foam adhesive, I have a card with a lot of dimension that should be totally safe to send off to a friend (while still being cute!).


Materials Used:
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket
Stamps: gel-a-tins You're So Tweet
Ink: Staz-On and Ranger
Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels
Distress Stickles by Ranger

Karin is a master card maker.  I love her work and this card is no exception!

"For this card I've used stamps from Build a Flourish for the background and the stamps from this beautiful set are just perfect for that. To get a more vintagey touch to this "homemade" pattered paper I used my inkblender and Tea Dye Cham Ink. Ribbon from Reprint and the sentiment is from another great Gel-a-tin set: Happy Days."



Ink from Tim Holtz/Ranger's Distress inks; Peeled paint and Victorian Velvet

Have a great day!



1 comment:

Bobbi-Lynn said...

Beautiful cards, love the texture on the first one. And the way the build a flourish is used on the second is fabulous!